Christian Television Association was born out of a vision to present the ‘Great News for the Small Screen’ using the home video technology which emerged in the late 70’s. A group of television professionals and lay people came together with the same vision and purpose and in 1980 CTA was registered as a charity.
Today that original vision has expanded considerably, making use of the latest digital technology and means of communications including the internet and satellite broadcasting. CTA programmes now have a global audience with many of our productions being translated into other languages.
While technology has dramatically changed, the message remains the same and is presented in a style that is always relevant to today’s ever changing culture.
It has a board of trustees and employees include:
- Malcolm Turner is CTA’s Executive Director with many years experience in marketing and fundraising for major UK charities and secular agencies. He is a board member of Christian European Visual Media Association and is Vice President of International Christian Visual Media – an association of producers worldwide.
- David Gee is Chairman of the board of Trusteees and first became involved with CTA in 1990 when a film about his disabled son, Bart, was produced (Bartholomew - A gift from God). Originally from Surrey, David moved to the Bristol area in 1972. Married in 1974, he and his wife Lynne set up in business, retiring in 1974.
- Crawford Telfer, Trustee and former Director of Programmes with over 40 years experience in television production. He started off as a BBC cameraman for 15 years and since then has produced and directed numerous documentaries, dramas and features. He also preaches and is a board member of the Christian European Visual Media Association (CEVMA).
- Mike Hencher, Trustee, is originally from London and trained as a civil engineer before entering full-time Christian work with the Movement for World Evangelism, then as an evangelist with the Don Summers Evangelistic Association. A founder member of CTA in 1978, his involvement with the media led to being asked to broadcast on Trans World Radio and local stations.
- Ian Stacey, Trustee
- Gary Wilkinson, Partnering Producer, with over 25 years of experience in broadcasting. He started working in Christian media after becoming a Christian in his final year of film school. He went directly into the missionfield in Africa fulfilling various roles within media production. Since 2009, he has been producing Christian documentaries, dramas and features.